Thursday 5 December 2013

ATHLETICS SPORTS DAY

On Wednesday 4th December Halcombe School had our Athletics Day.



Sprints at athletics day

We marched to the 50m sprint and every nerve in my body screamed. As we got to the starting line, my eyes were locked on the finish line. “Go!” Mrs Simpson shouted into my ears so it echoed out the other side. I was getting closer to Georgia yet Emma was getting closer to me! I couldn’t let her past so I kept going at the same speed still trying to reach Georgia. A bundle of voices popped into my ear because everyone was shouting names. There were only a few steps left to reach the finish line. Once we hit the finish line everyone was panting like mad. As we walked into class I collapsed on the ground feeling as proud as an Olympian. 
By Willow
 

 



Athletics Day Sprints
CLAP! Yelled the two bricks as they smacked into each other. My legs carried me over the lane as if it was a field of fire. My heart thumped to the beat of my legs firing at the ground. The race had only just started so I still had a chance of winning. The race was on against Mataora who just pulled up beside me.
“Boo ya” I said. I passed him just in time to finish the race.
All my practice had paid off. I did so well at Athletics day.
By Hamish

No comments:

Post a Comment