Thursday 12 June 2014

WE WENT SHOPPING IN MATHS THIS WEEK



WALT: Order shopping items from heaviest to lightest
Purpose\ aim: To stack shopping items from heaviest to lightest so that nothing is squashed.
To order our shopping items we first use the human eye, then human scales followed by the blue and red seesaw scales. Some of us used the coat-hanger, scales as well. We estimated the weights of objects. Once we were happy with our order we completed our order by using digital scales as an accurate measure.

Written up by "The Compass Maths group"




1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, I would say the pumpkin (or is it a squash?) would have been the heaviest, and the berocca would have been the lightest. Am I right? What a fun maths activity Room 4 - I wish you could pack my groceries. My bread always gets squashed!

    ReplyDelete