Monday 25 November 2013

ROOM 4 CAMP




Potaka Farm
It was the moment I was waiting for. We had arrived at Potaka Farm, finding the horrible stench of sheep dags, but I was prepared to get smelly and dirty. When we got given instructions we began to help the dogs and move the sheep. The sheepdogs began barking at the sheep telling them to move and they were also running about chasing the sheep. They all had to get their dags removed.
Afterwards we had to wean the lambs off their mothers, after they were weaned then we had to drench them. We watched Brent the farm manager dock the lambs with hot iron. After a packed morning of working and fun we stopped for some scrumptious lunch to full our bellies. We watched some sheep being shorn. When there were completely no wool left the sheep’s body was oily which was called Lanolin.
We finished with some games, sketching, and skimming stones at the river.
I think Room 4 had the best camp yet!
By Leah             


River fun at Potaka
As the water shimmered in the boiling sun, rocks where thrown to break the glass like water. An army of rocks came flying into the water from Room4s adventurous students. Miss Campbell pulled out some muffins for us to eat but she didnt know that we would gobble them up like lions so that we could quickly get back into our river fun. When we finished our games we took heaps of photos, Jessica and I took a photo of us on a log and Emma was in front of us. But as soon as we got the photo done I got pushed into the water accidently and my boots got soaked.
By William 



Beehive Creek, Camp
As I heaved my way up the massive hill, sweat was already streaming down my face, leaving a trail on my t-shirt. I pushed my legs a little bit further so I could make it to the top. I stood on the summit look down at what lay before me. What I saw took my breath away. There were hills rolling towards the horizon, with trees sprouting where ever you looked, and a glistening stream ran through the middle.
Suddenly we came across the path that took us down the hill, I ran down only stopping at corners. At the bottom we raced to the clear water and immediately started to build a bridge. Half way through assembling the bridge we needed to check it was stable. I stepped on cautiously and started to make my way across.  Snap the middle branch snapped and I fell through. This meant we had to rebuild. When we finished it was a bulk of wood and sand. It was strong. Tick. But did it look good? Cross! We settled with what we had constructed, and when we were ready we went and ate our scrumptious lunches. After we had filled our bellies full of muffins, cookies and buns, we trekked on down the river. Walking through the bush my eyes widened at how stunning it was. Trees rocketed towards the sky, and sand banks shone in the sun. Then after what seemed like mere minutes we were met by our cars.
This was my challenging beehive creek adventure.
By Jensen 


1 comment:

  1. Tayla Coad-Drayton28 November 2013 at 14:50

    Looks like you all had fun and got up to no good :) now that im at high school i miss all of those camps so have fun while you can :)

    ReplyDelete