Tuesday 18 June 2013

INTERESTING INTERESTS BEFORE SCHOOL



Azriella loves her double denim. Today she arrived in triple denim!
She loves denim so much she can never go a day without a little bit here and there.

She even has a fact to share about denim:
-denim is used for jeans with a copper rivet to strengthen the pockets
Keep rocking the denim Azi!


Jason loves history and interesting facts. Today before school he shared his Gladiators book with Miss Campbell. He was surprised to see that there were girl gladiators too. We all agreed that Miss Campbell wouldn’t make the best gladiator especially with high heels.

Did you know...
-the name ‘Provocator’ means ‘challenger’
-some gladiators had to fight blind by wearing a helmet with no eye holes. To work out where his opponents are he needs to rely on his listening skills. 

Thank you for sharing your interesting interests today 
 

3 comments:

  1. What interesting interests you have, I love Azi`s triple denim outfit, maybe your a trend setter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic way to share your interests with everyone in your class. I may have to do this with Room 1.

    I always notice Azi wearing double denim at school and now I know why. Go Azi! You look amazing.

    Jason, I learnt a lot about gladiators from reading this post. I would hate to be battling another gladiator if I could not see. I don't think I would be a very good gladiator at the best of times. Ha ha ha. Who in Room 4 would like to be a gladiator?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best type of gladiator would be the provactor because it is the only gladiator with armour on the chest. Gladiator means short sword because the gladiators use swords like those of the Roman soldiers but are shorter than the soldiers.

    ReplyDelete