Thursday 6 November 2014

LITERACY FUN

"Awesome Readers" read a poem called Remembering Summer.
The children had to compare and create. 



Here is Ben's fantastic poem

Remembering Winter


On hot summer days …

My feet remember the icy cold grass
My legs remember the freezing cold water trickling down my gumboots
My body remembers all the layers I wear each day
My arms remember squeezing tightly around my body to keep me warm
My hands remember clenching my mug of hot chocolate
My face remembers the cold breeze

My mind remembers that winter will be back soon. 

7 comments:

  1. Great poem Ben! It will be winter soon, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem Ben! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem Ben! I'm sure that all your poems were wonderful like yours. Keep up the good work. Soon you will be an author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ben your poem was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Work Ben keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas and feelings Ben! If you are still wanting to write another poem maybe you could try to base this poem on spring?

    ReplyDelete